Arizona Author Award
The Mud Pony , 1993
Reading Rainbow Selection
The Mud Pony, 1988
Selected Awards / Honors / Teaching / Public Speaking
- 2011 - Heard Museum Signature Artist
- 2011 - Innocence Project International, Speaker along with Nelson Mandela, Image and Logo Designer, Cincinnati, OH
- 2010 - First Place - 89th Annual SWAIA Santa Fe Indian Market. Click here to view pictures.
- 2010 - Best of Division A - Paintings, Drawings, Graphics, and Photography - 89th Annual SWAIA Santa Fe Indian Market. Click here to view pictures.
- 2010 - Artist of the Year, Heard Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2010 - Speaker and Demonstrator at the Children's Illustration Show, Heard Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2010 - Viola Award for the Visual Arts, Coconino County, Arizona
- 2009 - Endowment for the Arts, Speaker, Miami FL
- 2003 - The Marjorie Pierce Avery Award of Excellence in Two Dimensional Art, Southwest Indian Art Fair, Arizona State Museum
- 2000 - Colorado Plateau Workshop, Flagstaff, Arizona
* retrieved from http://www.medicinemangallery.com/bio/shontobegay.lasso